Monday, February 26, 2007

Photos

Dude, like, I'm turning into one of those annoying world travel bloggers. Of the whole, unbearable "here I am sitting in a tiny café with a glass of pomegranate juice..." variety. Ech.

Updates: It snowed! Now the view from the hotel is like this:


Updates: I didn't go to Khiva, but back to Bukhara:




These minarets gleam like turquoise steel or the sides of fish in the sun; they are fantastically beautiful.


Stupid camera bends everything. Next time I'm going to buy something with a lens that works...

In case all this is oppressively picturesque, here's something less spiritual and more visceral: Butchers shop! See what they did, there?


Updates: I went to a fantastically outré avant-garde play on dancing boys

Updates: More later...I have run out of time. Pictures took a bloody age to load, and conference day 3 is starting....off I go to the conference centre (which is a nightclub at ... night. There's a dancing cage and a huge mural of an improbably poised silver science fiction woman wearing little but a metal bikini and some form of space gun. Hilarious place. Perfect for a conference)

laters, fretmarketeers! x

4 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

There is so much to giggle about I'm not sure where to start...!

Heidi the Hick said...

There is so much to giggle about I'm not sure where to start...!

indigoGlyph said...

More world travel blogging from the asian interzone, please! Expecting at any moment to hear that you have accidentally founded a minor cult or micronation, and have subequently fled the country under cover of darkness and local dress.

Radagast said...

Enjoy!