Thursday, January 26, 2006

Historical Revisionism


In a fit of enthusiasm, and in homage to fatrobot, who's showing us all how it's done, I added, ahem, commenting and trackback to this here blog. Like a dunderhead, however, I didn't read the small print of the install. All the lovely comments of the past have gone. Wiped away. Like Stalin's face. Oh, I'm such an idiot. But please forgive my raw technological incompetence. Because now you can slander me in fretmarks' exciting new comment pop up window! Huzzah!

(Stalin's face, btw, because of a story told me by a historian. He once produced indisputable evidence, in the form of a photograph of Comrade Someone standing next to Stalin, both smiling away, that Comrade Someone had not only met, but was probably best buddies with the Great Helmsman.

The recipient of the photograph shrugged, took a coin from his pocket, and before the horrified historian could do anything, handed the photograph back with Stalin's face completely scratched away. While deadpanning "no, no. He never met Stalin. Never."

No comments: