Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Dear Fretmarketeers

I read, with delight, a leaflet on magickal tours the other day. You know: Rosicrucian sites, Cathar sites, Knights bloody Templar. An all-roads-lead-to-Rosslyn Chapel kind of a thing, with a nice pentagram at the bottom. The kind of thing to which Dan Brown has given a bad name.

What I loved most about this leaflet was the small print. For purposes of anonymity, we'll call the tour guide John Smith. I read this:

Tour guide: John Smith, BA (Hons), (Reading for History) MA.

Aaah! I love this. Made me want to go on the tour.

Yours sincerely,
Pluvialis, BA (Hons) MA (cantab), MPhil, (didn’t finish) PhD

9 comments:

dr. hypercube said...

Cathay or Cathar? Dang dualists!

Dr. H, BS (Tons) MA (failed dismally at PolitEcon) MD (recombinant DNA chimerae a specialty)

Pluvialis said...

Ooops. Typo! corrected....

Matt Mullenix said...

There's hope for me yet!

Matt, BA (but eventually married and got out of the arts), Have Older Brother Who Is A Surgeon

Anonymous said...

Is that like Dr Chou N. Ginsberg, MA (failed)?

Pluvialis said...

HA! Synchronicity. I've just got back from a really silly and rather good Agatha Christie at the Arts Theatre (ah, simple escapism) and it made me think of Murder By Death...

http://tinyurl.com/2ekjxo

The performance of Peter Sellers made me think of Fu Manchu...

And then I found this.
http://www.njedge.net/~knapp/clones.htm



Back to Dr Chou N. Ginsberg, MA (failed).

Wooo!

Katie said...

You've been tagged by me! Yes, another meme...

Anonymous said...

Wow - how have I not heard of Murder by Death before? Rushing out to find a copy now!

You may have won this time - but you have not heard the last of Dr Chou N. Ginsberg, MA(failed). Goodbye.

Steve Bodio said...

Glad to see they have The Talons of Weng Chiang, my favorite of all pastiches.

"Lascars, Dacoits and Thugs"-- God but I love that Orientalist nonsense!

Steve B, No Degree At All (despite 6 years in college)

PB Leaflet Distribution said...

Awesome information! Such a wonderful reference! Thanks for all the hard work you have obviously put into this!
Leaflet Drop Grantham
Leaflet Distribution Company Stamford